Sunday, September 19, 2004

Caught(?)

Have you ever been into some situations where it seems like somewhat embarassing or you find some difficulties and you wish you can find at least a little way to get on with it. Some of these are my personal experiences and the others have been related by some friends. The first one I believe is the most common.

1) While walking in a street you suddenly saw someone you're sure you knew but you just can’t remember when and where you met him/her before. Most importantly you can’t even remember his/her name. The worse thing is that he/she saw you also and now come smiling towards you calling your name.

2) In contrast to the previous one, you are all-smile to greet someone whom you thought you knew, but eventually he/she isn’t.

3) You are very eager to go and your friend or somebody is also very eager and insisting to tell you a story. His/Her energy shows that he/she really meant to tell it no matter what.

4). After waiting for so long lining up a very long queue and when it is finally your turn the woman in the counter will tell you, you are in the wrong window.

5) Not knowing which exit to go up through an underpass (Quiapo or City Hall). Sometimes going up the same exit twice or thrice and a vendor is wondering what is happening to you.

6) Slept on the bus and you found out that you are way passed your destination.

7) You found out you left your wallet after eating in a restaurant.

8) You woke up late, took a bath hurriedly and dressed up. Suddenly on your way to saying goodbye to your wife you found out that it was Saturday (no work).


6 Comments:

Blogger ting-aling said...

My husband doesn't have a good memory when it comes to people he meets. When we were still dating, he introduced me to a former classmate who knew him so well. This is a true story and this is how he introduced me: Ay, si ano pala, kaklase ko noong college. Eto si E, girlfriend ko. When we left, I told him that I think he forgot to mention his classmate's name. He laughed and he admitted that he was never good at remembering people's names.

9:53 PM  
Blogger rolly said...

What I remember most vividly was the time when I was very sure that it was my friend walking ahead of me. Dahil kaibigang-kaibigan ko to, binatukan ko. Guess what? It was somebody else who had the same profile. Akala ko susuntukin ako e.

1:26 AM  
Blogger santi said...

Nice tips there Bayi, but really there are some Filipinos who find it embarassing to forget some people's name especially those who are somewhat closer.

Ting Aling, What will you do if it is the other way around, e.g. he forgot your name.

Tito Rolly,
Hahaha, happened also to me. Yon nga lang I bump his shoulder in order that he will notice me. When I realized it is not him, I just said "Oops sorry."

But my most unforgettable experience was #5. I was even with my wife then who is a probinsyana and I was trying to impress her on how I knew Manila so well. Para syang natatawang, naiinis sa akin.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site periosteal thickening after rhinoplasty Multimedia projectors compare http://www.vanity-transexual.info/Pregnant-girls-alternative-treatment.html Bontril overnight cod projector screens Projector repair phoenix top air conditioners overhead projector art with sand free online keno malls Free adware removal utilities Light erotic stories benq pe7700 projector replacement bulbs

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... take phendimetrazine exactly as directed by your doctor Valtrex for treating zoster Fast bulk email sender patent

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home