Thursday, May 25, 2006

"The Forbidden Game"

When I was growing up, I have a chance to watch it being played. That was the first time I found myself wanting to learn the guitar. Do you remember the Champion cigarettes commercial? This was also featured there being played from beginning to the end.

At that time, nobody was willing to teach me. I found myself just being curious and watch others play. I don’t even have my own guitar, that is why there is really no chance that I will learn it myself.

A friend of mine have shown me the first part of it, but that’s it. I got stuck with the first part of it and until the beginning of this year I still have not find the chance to learn it.

Lately I also saw it in the satellite channel Mezzo being played by Filomena Morietti. This woman is really very great in playing the guitar.

Thanks that I have learn to use the google search. Finally, I was able to find the particular site where I could find the piece I wanted. Happily, I began to study and practice with it. There are some part where it is very difficult. But I just love to play it.

I must say, I still have not able to play it well even if I’ve found the whole piece. Whenever I found the time, I try to practice and practice. Even with this one, I am trying to really make good and learn it the best I can.

Someday, I want to impress myself. Hope I could also learn to really play it well that I can also perform well to show others I know how to play the guitar.

In case some of you want it also I have posted the site below.

http://www.fretplay.com/tabs/a/anonymous/les_jeus_interdits-tab.shtml

4 Comments:

Blogger rolly said...

hey, that was the first classical guitar piece I learned to play. I heard a friend play it during the "Champion" days and I was so amazed I tried to learn it. I have moved on since then but the piece still receives "oohs" and "aahs" to whoever hear me play it. My only advise, practice and patience.

5:26 PM  
Blogger santi said...

Idol,
It is really amazing that's why I also love it. But there are some parts where your fingers are just so stretch. It's really very hard but it is really worth it to try and be patient with it. I really want to master this piece.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP walls coats

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home