Friday, September 08, 2006

Inching

I do not know if I have used the right term.

It started when one day I just noticed when I looked into the mirror that I have developed two ugly looking bulges in my waistline. Besides I just learned that I have gained a few pounds. Something might have contributed to this. Then I thought that I might have been doing something that through the days it just add up and without me knowing it, this is the result.

I told myself that if this is the result of something that developed slowly, so I thought of reversing the process. I also develop some routines that would inch me back to my former weight and figure, like altering my eating habits, and although I don’t have time to have a rigid exercise I make it a point to take advantage of some opportunities to do it like not using the elevator and walking my way to the office (besides once or twice a week I play tennis).

Later on, I thought of applying this process of inching to my other lifestyle, like spending, savings, cleaning up, reading, etc. There are a lot of things that we are not usually aware of that we may be inching towards good or bad things. Sometimes we just tend to be indulged too much into those things that gives us too much pleasure, not realizing the consequences.

Now the important thing is that I have pointed the inching part to the positive side. Hope if you will read this, you can also gain something from it.

5 Comments:

Blogger rolly said...

Inching - that's a new term for me but it does make sense. I used to be a very skinny guy but started gaining weight when I was in third year high. My weight never looked back. waaah!

1:45 AM  
Blogger santi said...

Anonymous,
Thanks and welcome here.

Idol,
Maybe part of aging process. The only thing with "inching" is you are aware where you are and what you have to do even for small steps matter. Same is true if you will neglect the small things, it will just add up.

1:49 PM  
Blogger ting-aling said...

I started going back to the gym..I guess that's inching!

9:38 PM  
Blogger santi said...

Hi Ate Ting,
kumust na?
Di ko nga sigurado kung tama term ko eh. Pero at least buti na yung aware tayo kung we are doing it slowly for the better or we are doing something that affect us slowly until it's already late to recover.

11:59 AM  
Blogger bayi said...

I think the idea of "inching" is very realistic. We don't have to expect overnight huge progress but a little at a time. This is what I think I will do.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home